Touring China is definitely one of the best travel experiences you can ever embark on but it can also be overwhelming. After all, China is one of the world’s largest countries with one of the most extensive cultures and with it comes loads of sights and activities to offer the eager traveler. To maximize your next China tour, here are five activities which you can put on top of your must-do-in-China list.
1. Walk through the Great Wall of China. A China tour is never complete without visiting the Great Wall. The Great Wall is synonymous to Chinese tourism and is a world-renowned icon for Chinese culture and history. Located at the nation’s capital in Beijing, the Great Wall was originally built as a defense system in 220 BC but has stood the test of time to become a modern Chinese fortress.
2. Cruise along the Yangtze River. As Asia’s third longest river, the Yangtze continues to captivate China tourists the world over with its breathtaking landscapes and historical allusions. As the cradle of ancient Chinese civilization, it continues to represent Chinese beauty and heritage at its finest.
3. Shop in Shanghai. Shopping is a universal tourist activity and is definitely not an exception when you go on a China tour. Shanghai represents a union of ancient and contemporary Chinese civilization combined. Shop until you drop at Nanjing Road and witness the exquisite gem that is Chinese architecture as you explore the Bund. And that’s barely scratching the surface of Shanghai.
4. Meet the Terra Cotta Warriors. Commissioned by the first Chinese emperor, Qin Shi Huang, to be built as a reinforcement of his rule even after life, these life-size terracotta warriors are among China’s popular attractions. Nestled in the “Eternal City” of Xian, the Terra Cotta Warriors continue to be Xian’s main attractions.
5. Feel the heat in Turpan. As the second lowest point in the entire planet, Turpan is hot and dry. It is known for its grapes which are produced for raisins and wine but on a China tour, you would most likely want to visit the Flaming Mountains and find out why it’s called that.
Depending on the length and extent of your China tour, there are definitely more than five ways to enjoy China. For great deals and travel packages to this Asian gem, visit RitzTours.com and experience a China tour like no other.